Adventure with a Cocoanut Cream Pie.



It calls to me.

That sweet sugary goodness in all of its confectionery glory lays waiting for the time I can come to rescue it from its cold isolation.  Its flaky crust... its smooth cocoanut filling…sweet cream piled high on top.  It waits for the moment I can come to claim it. 

It’s not mine.  The pie doesn’t belong to me.  I have become Eve in the Garden of Food tempted by the forbidden baked good from the Refrigerator of Knowledge.  

I wrestle with my temptation every day.  Whether it’s a juicy cheeseburger with thick cut bacon or a box of assorted doughnuts, I gorge myself until there is nothing left of the cool and controlled person I was only moments before. 

Only one bite, but that’s never enough.  Maybe one piece…exquisite.  Soon I jump into a diabetic’s dream; fluffy whipped icing, wonderful hard candy that gets stuck to your teeth, rains of sprinkles and chocolate chips pore over me as I dive headfirst into a vat of pudding.  I indulge with all the enthusiasm of a child.  I am the queen of all sweets.  My crown is made out of cookies and an éclair is my throne. 

 

I shouldn’t have eaten that.  

The aftermath leaves me wrought with guilt.  I can still smell the cocoanut.  A few drops of cream landed on my shirt giving evidence of my crime.  In my panic and remorse, I run back to my computer.  I try to forget it ever happened, but still the smell lingers reminding me of that precious moment we shared.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to be Single in Little Rock During the Holidays

The Highs and Lows of App Dating

NaNoWriMo and Screaming Into The Void