Girlhood Revisited - Double Chocolate Thin Mint Ice Cream

Last week, I may have come off as a bit negative. Recently, I’ve realized that most of the writing I have done in the past year, if not for this blog or the time I participated in NaNoWriMo, has been for therapeutic purposes. Although it has helped me emotionally, it has not helped creatively. For this post, I will focus on something more positive. You can’t be sad with ice cream.


My initial plan was to build a sundae that would completely represent everything I loved about myself when I was a kid. I was creative, silly, energetic, brave, and I tried to be kind. Who we were as children is probably the purest version of ourselves. That was before the stress and trauma of everyday life alters our personality. Seven-year-old me would not have been afraid to go after what she wanted. She was awesome!

Do you think it's possible for a person to re-raise themself?


I don’t own an ice cream maker, and given the limited space I have available in my kitchen, I don’t see the point in getting one. However, I did find a way to make ice cream without it. So, I had decided to make Double Chocolate Thin Mint Ice Cream. Add a warm brownie, hot fudge, whipped cream, and sprinkles, it's a grown kid’s dream. 




Double Chocolate Thin Mint Ice Cream 
(No Churn)

Ingredients

14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 sleeve of Thin Mints cookies (half chopped and half crushed in a food processor)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions
  1. Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, and crushed thin mints in a large bowl.
  2. Whip heavy cream in a stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Start on medium and gradually turn the speed up to high. 
  3. Fold whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk/chocolate mixture.
  4. Spread a layer of ice cream into the bottom of a loaf pan or airtight plastic container. Top with a portion of the chopped Thin Mints and chocolate chips. Repeat layers until filled to the top, ending with cookies and chips on top.
  5. Freeze for about 6 hours, or overnight.

Notes
This recipe is adapted from bethcakes. Feel free to add ½ teaspoon of mint extract for a more minty taste or chocolate ganache or hot fudge for a richer chocolate flavor. The spirit of this is the more the merrier!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to be Single in Little Rock During the Holidays

The Highs and Lows of App Dating

NaNoWriMo and Screaming Into The Void